No Online Texts Found
We're sorry, we don't yet have a link to this text. We are constantly adding new texts to the catalog, please check back later.
If you know of a digital, open source version of this text, please contact us and we will see if it is possible to include it here.
- Historia Francorum
- Gregory Saint, Bishop of Tours 538-594
- Harrington, Karl Pomeroy
- Allyn and Bacon's college Latin series
- Alt title:
- The History of the Franks
- Host title:
- Mediaeval Latin
- Allyn and Bacon
- Place publ:
New York [etc.]
- Date publ:
- Phys descr:
- print, xxix, 1 l., 698 p. front., illus. 20 cm.
- Table of cont:
- Gregory explains why he undertakes to write history (Praefatio). -- Gregory confesses his faith and deplores his ignorance (Bk I., Praefatio). -- The Founding of Lyons (I. 18). -- Attila and the Huns. (II. 7) --Clovis, King of the Franks, defeats the Alamanni (II. 30, 31). -- Clovis Defeats Alaric II and the Visigoths at Vouille (II. 37) -- Clovis by Scheming adds the kingdom of Sigibert to his own (II. 40) -- Chilperic's legates return from the East (VI. 2) -- Death of King Chilperic and His Character (VI. 46) -- Beginning of a Feud Between two Families of Tours (VII. 47) -- The Burning of Paris (VIII. 33) -- Tempations of Reclues (VIII. 34) -- Outcome of the Feud at Tours: Death of Sichar (IX. 19) -- Pope Gregory Chosen (X. 1)
- selected and edited by Karl Pomeroy Harrington ...
- Latin language, Medieval and modern--Readers