No Online Texts Found
We're sorry, we don't yet have a link to this text. We are constantly adding new texts to the catalog, please check back later.
If you know of a digital, open source version of this text, please contact us and we will see if it is possible to include it here.
- Ex Ponto
- Ovid 43 B.C.-17 or 18 A.D
- Greenough, J. B. (James Bradstreet)
- Alt title:
- Epistulae ex Ponto
- Host title:
- Virgil and other Latin poets
- Ginn and Company
- Place publ:
- Date publ:
- Phys descr:
- print, xii, 338 p., 1 l., 248, 220 p. col. front., illus. (incl. facsim.) col. pl., double map. 20 cm.
- Word count:
- edited by J.B. Greenough, G.L. Kittredge,
At head of title: The bimillennial Virgil.
"In this new edition, which is offered as a modest tribute on the bimillennial anniversary of Virgil's birth, part one contains books I-VI of the Æneid, followed by a full summary of books VII-XII ... The second part includes not only about four hundred lines from Ovid's Metamorphoses but also some of the best passages in the Fasti and the Tristia, as well as one extract from the Epistles from Pontus and two from the Heroides ... Extracts from Catullus are also included and a number of the most celebrated odes of Horace."--Pref.
- Aeneas (Legendary character)--Poetry
- Host catalog records: